WeHeartIt is plain disrespectful, it allows people to steal art from absolutely any website. It is rude and unfair that the artists who put time and…
Please, go and sign this. Also, reblogging this link would be highly apprecciated
weheartit is actual GARBAGE
my graphics have ended up on that piece of shit website one time too many
which has led to people reposting them here on tumblr one time too many
and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT ANYMORE
Idk about graphics but I’ve seen fanart where people leave out either Mulan or Pocahontas or both. B/c they ‘aren’t real princess’ and I think you need to question that. Because they are disney princesses and that makes it even more white than it wa
Your repiy got cut off at the end and is a little off topic but since we’re here, yeah that gets to me too.
I don’t know if you’re actually referring to original fan art or group posts of other people’s fan art but since this is tumblr, probably both.
Maybe they’re not “princesses” in the traditional regard at all but they’re still part of the Official Disney Princess Collective and deserve to be included with the rest of them.
Wile we’re on the topic of princesses though, I have no patience for those classic elitists that try to drop the Millennium Princesses (Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna and Elsa), or for that matter, any of the Disney Animated Canon features after about the year 2000 (no matter how questionable some of them were) because “they’re not classics”. Now that really boils my blood.
This really sounds more like a case-by-case basis to me. I can understand why it would be disrespectful sometimes, but sometimes it can be reasonable and/or funny and/or helpful.
Let me put it to you like this from a graphics maker’s viewpoint:
If a graphics maker has spent an extensive amount of time on a collective photoset (anywhere from several hours to possibly a couple of days, depending on the style), and they get reblogs with people slapping images of characters/ships/etc that they have missed (most of the time unintentionally), then it makes the original poster feel that they actually have to go back and edit the post just to satisfy some unhappy people.
Let me tell you, nobody actually wants to DO that, especially if they were proud of the effort that they put into what they made until people started whining.
There’s also the matter of numbers. For example, I saw a post highlighting certain magical transformations in Disney Animated Canon. If I remember correctly the set had six gifs measuring 245 pixels in width, and someone felt the need to add someone they missed in the comments. I’m very sure the original maker was hard pressed to find an eighth to even it out, but wanted to keep the gifs at 245 pixels because you can hold more frames than in a 500px gif, and even though I’m heavily biased towards the character that was omitted, yeah, if they were not able to find an eighth, someone was getting left out.
There’s also the case of tumblr user mickeyandcompany’s (beautiful, might i add) Valentines Day photoset. They left several couples out and eventually got a string of people like “you’re forgetting one:” and then “no. you [image] are [image] forgetting [image] several [image] couples [image]”. They actually had TO GO BACK AND REDO THEIR SET JUST TO GET THOSE UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE TO CALM THE HELL DOWN holy shit that made me so mad
Also, for that one person that reblogged the last post with ?????????????, if someone has a post that has certain colorings, texture overlays, and even background extraction, yes, posting someone else’s (un)edited gifs/screencaps in the comments DOES KILL THE LOOK.
I wish more people would understand this like ???????????
Wait I don’t get why adding images in the comments is a bad thing?
Because it’s rude, disrespectful, inconsiderate…in all honesty, this should not even be a question.
Plus it messes up the stylistic flow of a post.
if someone forgets something in a collective photoset
- do not go in their askbox wondering where X character/ship is
- do NOT reblog their post with “this post doesn’t have X; INVALID”
- DO NOT REBLOG THEIR POST AND DROP IMAGES OF THE CHARACTER THEY MISSED IN THE COMMENTS
- DO NOT
- ABSOLUTELY DO NOT
People who make edits for fandoms work hard on them, they really do. They make them for themselves and for the fans of the character, ship. show, etc. They don’t make them to please everyone. If you don’t like the thing, don’t reblog the thing. Don’t reblog it and add your theories and rude comments. Enjoy the artwork or don’t touch it. Respect other peoples hardwork whether or not you agree with it.
disneyismyescape’s mini disney movie challenge
→ day four: a scene that makes you
happya wibbling mess: ralph and vanellope’s go-kart
Pssttt...was wondering if you still needed some money to get to Louisiana? Sorry, totally late but just checkingg ;A;
Oh, thanks for your concern!
And actually with Tumblr’s help we were able to rent a car and get more of my belongings here - I got here over two weeks ago! I also had enough left over to buy a decent supply of food and cleaning products!
I also had a job interview this past Tuesday and have another one Monday!
…i hope someone takes me soon because now i really am running low ;A;
OKAY LISTEN UP ERRYBODY
I decided I’m gonna do one of them giveaway things that are so hot on this site!
I’m giving away a Pearl Pink Nintendo 3DS!!!!! WOW!
I purchased it back in 2012 but I barely used it at all (it’s a tad scuffed but that’s actually from it just idly riding in my purse for nearly two years). So I decided that maybe it’ll find a loving home with someone else! (I’m more of a big console girl anyway)
As you can see everything is there - charger, instruction manual, the dock - which is not pictured but I do have it)…everything except for the original box because somewhere along the line I threw it away (OOPS). I’m also cleaning it up so it’ll be nice and shiny when I send it out!
As a bonus, I’ll throw in that copy of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and the accompanying strategy guide (DON’T JUDGE ME)!
Now, on to the RULES AND SHIT:
- Following? Well, it’s not necessarily mandatory, but very much appreciated (if you LIKE the odd hodgepodge of gaming, Disney and J/K-pop that ends up here)!
- Likes don’t count, only reblogs! And due to Tumblr’s limitations, only the first reblog will count!
- No giveaway blogs!!!!
- You have to be willing to give out your address should you win.. If you’re a minor I’ll need some kind of authorization from a parent/legal guardian so all our asses don’t get in trouble.
- I’ll ship anywhere in the WORLD! IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
- The winner will be chosen with a random number generator. Once chosen, you have 72 hours (3 days) to respond to a message that will be left before I throw it out and a new winner is picked. YOUR ASKBOX MUST BE OPEN!!!!!
- If you only reblog the post to signal boost and you somehow get picked, let me know so I can choose another winner.
- Giveaway ends March 31!
Oh, and just so I don’t have higher-ups breathing down my neck: THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH TUMBLR, NINTENDO, DISNEY, SQUARE ENIX, AND THE LIKE. YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED TO ANYONE BUT ME, MYSELF AND I.
disneyismyescape’s mini disney movie challenge
→ day three: least favorite character - mayor gene
if you live in louisiana
CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TOMORROW
Featured in The Disney Directory! ♥
Please take a look at the FAQs before asking any questions, and please don't repost my graphics.
1. Did you remember to check the FAQS beforehand? I get a lot of questions that can be answered there.
2. Requests are currently closed.
3. Once a Pick a _______ series concludes, that's it; I will not be backtracking no matter how many new characters are added. Please don't pester me about it.
4. DO NOT SEND ANY MESSAGES ABOUT "YOU FORGOT ______________" IN A PICK A _______ SERIES. PLEASE. 5. Any mention of "Princess Kuzco" will result in an immediate and irreversible block; I'm fucking sick and tired of that tired-ass joke so stop forcing it on me (and I normally love bad, forced memes).
6. If you're here to gripe about my graphics looking like someone else's please vacate this askbox immediately.